Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

1. How do I cancel an appointment? Please keep your appointment, but should you need to cancel an appointment or reschedule, call the appointment line at (912) 435 6633 or 1-800-652-9221 as soon as possible. Or access appointments by*, hours are 24-hours a day.

2. What if I am late for an appointment? Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your appointment time. We understand that nobody likes being late, but occasionally things happen. If you arrive later than the actual appointment time, we will try to fit you in. However, we don’t want to inconvenience other patients who are waiting.

If you are late these are your options:

  • Wait for the provider to work you in;
  • Reschedule into an unused appointment slot with the same provider later in the same day;
  • Wait to be seen at the end of scheduled appointments that half-day;
  • See another provider if an appointment is available sooner;
  • Reschedule the appointment for another day.

3. How do I make a complaint? Please take the time to ask to speak with one of our staff members or please fill out one of our Comment Cards located on the wall in our hallway. We appreciate hearing from you and hope you are happy with the healthcare and services we provide.

4. How do I make a compliment? Please take the time to ask to speak with one of our staff members or fill out one of our Comment Cards located on the wall in our hallway. We appreciate hearing from you and hope you are happy with the healthcare and services we provide.

5. How can I help my physician help me? We are here to help you, but we need your help. Many people are concerned about a visit to the doctor. The most common concerns are fear of the unknown and not understanding what is going on or going to happen. These are both absolutely normal. The doctor doesn’t know what your concerns are or what you want to know, and never having been there, you don’t know what to ask. If you understand what is going on and what is going to happen you will be better prepared and able to help yourself. Please ask questions, make sure you understand the answers and the medical terminology. It is great if you have all your questions written out so that you can hand them to your doctor. This will help the doctor understand your concerns and help you remember your questions.

Patient Commitment:

  • I will do everything in my power to assist in my healing.
  • I will keep all of my appointments on time, listen attentively, ask questions and follow the agreed-upon treatment.
  • I will keep my healthcare provider informed of any problems or questions.
  • I will keep healthcare provider informed of any therapy or medications I take.
  • I will let my healthcare provider know about my concerns or worries that may affect my medical condition.
  • I will consciously choose to believe in our ability to make a difference in the healing process.

6. How do I get test results? The doctor is available for consultation by telephone. If you have any concerns and would like to discuss them with the provider, call (912) 435-6633. The medical support assistant will ask for your name, telephone number, and a basic outline of the concern/problem. The provider will call you back as soon as possible. Please be patient; finding time between patients is sometimes difficult. Calls will be returned within 24-hours for phone consultations. If you are calling for test results the provider may want to see you, so you may be asked to make an appointment. You may request and receive most test results, medication refills and other information from your provider through our Relay Health Secure Messaging System. Information sent through this system is secure and confidential between you and your provider. This system allows for convenient communication with your provider without having to call the appointment line.

7. How do I update DEERS?

Why update DEERS: When your primary care manager orders a consult we look in Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) to find your phone number. This is the only way we have of scheduling your appointment. If this information is not correct we may not be able to reach you. This causes a delay in your healthcare and may cost you money.

Making a life change? You need to include your Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) in your planning to ensure complete coverage from your TRICARE program. If this information is not accurate, TRICARE may not be able to verify your eligibility for care or procedures. You could incur the cost of your healthcare. All Service Members are advised to out-process through DEERS and the Health Benefits Branch if you are transitioning from prior to separation from Active Duty status to see if you qualify for continued coverage under the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP). DEERS determines eligibility.

How to update DEERS: Life changes such as marriage, divorce, adding newborns and eligible dependents can be done by visiting your local DEERS ID Card office located at the Soldier Readiness Center, Fort Stewart (912) 912-767-4909 or Hunter Army Airfield (912) 315-5726. Be sure to bring the proper documents needed to update your DEERS record. You may update your address and phone number, as well as print out a certificate of creditable coverage in DEERS by contacting Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office (DSO) at 1-800-538-9552, or by accessing the web at

8.   Q: How do I get more information about my medical Health Benefits?

      A: By visiting or contacting WINN Health Benefits Branch and speaking with a Beneficiary Counselor Assistance Coordinators (BCAC)/ Debt Collection Assistant Officers (DCAO).

      Q: What is a BCAC/DCAO?

      A: Basically they are subject matter experts that are knowledgeable with the Military Health System (MHS) Healthcare Regulations and local MTF policies. Most military installations with functional medical treatment facilities have these representatives on site.

Q: Where are the BCAC/DCAO representatives located Where are the BCAC/DCAO representatives locatedQ: Where are the BCAC/DCAO representatives located Where are the BCAC/DCAO representatives located

      A: Fort Stewart -872 Harmon Avenue, Bldg. 202, Fort Stewart 
           Phone: (912) 435-6716
          Tuttle Clinic HAAF -912-315-3646
          Hawks Troop Medical Clinic- 435-5416

      Q: What services are provided by BCAC/DCAOs?

      A: TRICARE benefit information claims issues, Prime Medical Travel Benefits, TRICARE for Life information, Active-Duty Family Member Dental Information and Retiree Dental Information. Education, Counseling, and Briefings to units and groups re. MTF Direct Care, Retirement/Survivor, Reserve Component health benefits, Line of Duty (LOD), Medicare/Medicaid, TRICARE, Dental, VA, USFHP, SSA on how they work together with the MHS etc. The Health Benefits Branch has not replaced what was known as the TRICARE Service Center and duties it provided.

9. How do I contact TRICARE South Region? As of 1 April 2014, the TRICARE Service Center Walk-In services closed nationwide with exception of overseas. The contractor for TRICARE South Region is Humana Military Healthcare Services (HMHS). TRICARE services may be done online by registering or by calling the Tricare direct customer service 1-800-444-5445.